3-Ingredient M&M Brownies
3-Ingredient M&M Brownies are so easy to make with just 3 ingredients and M&M’s on top!
I’m back! Did you miss me? I took a little break from blogging and went to the beach. It was so much fun! We also celebrated my daughter’s 13th birthday and guess what, I didn’t even make a cake! It’s just too hard to do when I’m away from home and don’t have all of my special tools. So we ordered her an ice cream cake from Publix and it was delicious. We also got to see lots of family we don’t get to see very often and spent time with some good friends. It was wonderful.
Do you ever feel like you need a vacation from your vacation? We got back last Wednesday and I am just now feeling like I’m organized again. I wanted to make something simple for the blog today and 3-Ingredient M&M Brownies are just the ticket. Moist and fudgy with a hint of hazelnut.
I got the idea from a BuzzFeed video my cousin sent me recently. Just 3 ingredients! That’s my favorite kind of recipe. Nutella, flour and eggs. That’s it. Plus, the M&M’s for an added crunch and pop of color.
I have to be honest, I had my doubts about this recipe. It just seemed too easy. But 3-ingredient recipes are my favorite, so I had to try it. And I’m so glad I did. These brownies are so, so good!
Another name for this recipe might be dump brownies because all you do is dump the 3-ingredients in a bowl and stir.
Stir until everything is completely combined and you have a nice smooth batter. I think it took me about 50 strokes.
Technically, there are 4 ingredients in this recipe. I can’t help it, I love adding M&M’s to brownies. They’re just so pretty and fun.
I decided to use a greased 8″x8″ square non-stick pan for the batter. I baked them at 350°F. for about 25 minutes. I checked them at 15 minutes and they were still too soft in the middle, so I baked them for 10 more minutes and they were perfect. I checked the center by inserting a toothpick in the middle.
After they cooled, I sliced them up into 9 squares. You could also cut them into 16 smaller square brownies.
And there you have it. 3-Ingredient M&M Brownies. Homemade brownies that are super simple to make and oh so yummy to the tummy!
- 1 1/4 cups (371g) Nutella - or one 13 ounce jar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (62g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) M&M's chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8"x8" non-stick baking pan. Set aside.
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth. About 50-60 strokes. Do not over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle M&M's candies over batter, distributing evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Let brownies cool and set before cutting and serving. Cut into 9 squares. Store covered for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from BuzzFeed.com