4-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie
I love healthy smoothies. Especially when they’re quick and easy. This 4-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie is so simple to make. And it’s berry good I might add.
That reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake books I used to read to my daughter when she was little. The word berry was used in the place of very and it was used A LOT. It was berry, berry cute.
Back to the recipe. You’ve gotta try this 4-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie. I’m berry sure you will like it because it’s berry, berry good! (Ok, I’m done now. Maybe.)
Strawberries, greek yogurt, walnuts and agave. That’s it! Get your fruit, protein and healthy fat all in one drink.
I like to add the agave to make it a little bit sweeter. Have you ever tried agave nectar? You can find it on the grocery aisle next to the sugars. I think it’s like a cross between maple syrup and honey. It has a delicate, slightly nutty flavor and is my favorite natural sweetener.
This 4-Ingredient Strawberry Smoothie makes a great breakfast or after workout snack. And it’s berry, berry tasty. Oops, I did it again.
Here are your 4 ingredients. I like to use vanilla Greek yogurt but you could use plain if you wanted to cut back on the sugar. Frozen strawberries are best to make the smoothie a nice thick consistency.
Just dump your ingredients in the blender and let her rip. I like to blend it on low for 15-20 seconds or until the big pieces are broken up. Then turn it up to high and blend until smooth. It’s ready to serve.
This recipe makes one serving.
This is a great smoothie for children. The flavor is berry kid friendly and it packs a lot of protein, plus some fiber. It’s berry, berry yummy! The end. 😉
- 8 ounces (226g) vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 cup (135g) frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend on low for 15-20 seconds or until the big pieces are broken up. Turn up to high and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Note: If the smoothie is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Not too much though because you don't want it to be too liquidy.