Almond Joy Thumbprint Cookies
If you’re a fan of Almond Joy candy bars, you’ll love Almond Joy Thumbprint Cookies – an original recipe created by I Love Cookies. A rich, brownie-like cookie topped with a sweet coconut filling, whole almonds and melted chocolate. Almond Joy Thumbprint Cookies are incredibly good. Oh yeah!
I’ve been fascinated with candy bar inspired desserts lately, so I thought I would create my own. Almond Joy is one of my all time favorite candy bars and even better in cookie form!
And they’re easy to make with Pillsbury cookie dough. Just break up the dough, then add melted chocolate and flour.
Mix until the chocolate and flour are completely combined. Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
Shape chilled dough into 32 balls. Bake at 350°F. for 10-12 minutes.
Immediately make an indentation in the middle of cookie with end of wooden spoon. Let cool.
Meanwhile mix up some coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls on each cookie. Add an almond, then drizzle with melted chocolate.
Let chocolate set for about 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 4 ounces (113g) semisweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (112g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons (95g) sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup (45g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in melted baking chocolate and flour until well blended. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape chilled dough into 32 balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Immediately make indentation in center of each cookie with end of wooden spoon. Cool until set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together milk and coconut. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto cooled cookies. Top each cookie with an almond.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Pour into a plastic resealable bag. Cut a tiny corner off and drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let the chocolate set for about 30 minutes before serving. Store extra cookies covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week.