Chick-n-Brocoli Pot Pies – #34 of 52 Pillsbury Grand Prize Recipes in 52 Weeks
Chick-n-Broccoli Pot Pies won the 28th Pillsbury Bake-Off in 1978 (one of 2 winners). Recipe on Pillsbury.com by Linda Mowery. The Pillsbury site has this recipe listed as Chick and Broccoli Pot Pies but there’s no mention that this was a bake-off winner. I found the information on Wikipedia. Either way, it’s a quick and easy recipe you can serve for dinner.
Start with the Jr. Grands Biscuits. Place each biscuit into an ungreased muffin cup. Press it down and up the sides of the cup.
Place grated cheese and rice cereal in the bottom of each biscuit cup
Combine the chicken, broccoli and cream of chicken soup in a bowl, then scoop into the biscuit cups.
Sprinkle with almonds and bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with a salad and your favorite side dish. Dinner is served!
- Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury®
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated biscuits
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar or American cheese
- 2/3 cup crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups Green Giant™ frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each ungreased muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/2-inch rim over edge of muffin cup. Spoon about 1 tablespoon each of cheese and cereal into each biscuit-lined cup. Press mixture into bottom of each cup.
- Cut large pieces of broccoli in half. In large bowl, combine broccoli, chicken and soup; mix well. Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture over cereal. Cups will be full. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges of biscuits are deep golden brown.