Fudgy Bonbons won the 36th Pillsbury Bake-Off in 1994. Recipe on Pillsbury.com by Mary Ann Tyndall of Whiteville, North Carolina. These are the best. I have to warn you right now, if you make these, you might not be able to stop eating them. Super yummy!
First, you melt chocolate chips and butter. I did it in the microwave which is quicker.
Stir in flour, nuts, and vanilla; mix well.
Shape 1 tablespoon dough (use measuring spoon) around each milk chocolate candy, covering completely.
Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F. for 6 to 8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Drizzle melted white chocolate (mixed with 1 teaspoon oil) over cooled bonbons. I put it in a small resealable plastic bag and clipped a tiny corner to squeeze out the melted white chocolate/oil mixture.
Try your best not to eat 7, 10 or 20!
The chocolate candy in the middle makes these even more irresistible.
- Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury®
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 cups all purpose or unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 60 milk chocolate candy drops or pieces, unwrapped
- 2 oz. white chocolate baking bar or vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 1 teaspoon shortening or oil
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and margarine; cook and stir over very low heat until chips are melted and smooth. (Mixture will be stiff.) Add condensed milk; mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour, nuts, chocolate mixture and vanilla; mix well. Shape 1 tablespoon dough (use measuring spoon) around each milk chocolate candy, covering completely. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F. for 6 to 8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cookies will be soft and appear shiny but will become firm as they cool. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine baking bar and shortening; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until set. Store in tightly covered container.