Giant M&M Cookie
Ever get a craving for homemade cookies, but you don’t feel like making a whole batch? Yeah, me too! That’s why I made this Giant M&M Cookie. All your favorite ingredients, just in smaller quantities.
I got the idea from a great website called Sallys Baking Addiction. She has some awesome recipes. You should check it out!
Making this very large cookie is simple. You only need one bowl. Start by mixing butter, peanut butter and sugar together. Add an egg and vanilla. Then you stir in your dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and all but 1 tablespoon of M&M’s.
Use your hands to form dough into a big ball, then place onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Flatten dough into a large cookie. Add the remaining M&M’s on top. Note: you could skip this step and just add all of the M&M’s to the batter, but I think it looks prettier this way.
Bake the cookie at 325°F. for 20-22 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Do not over bake!
Look at it! It’s bigger than my hand! And too much for me to eat all by myself.
That’s why I cut it into 4 pieces and shared it with my family. It was just the right amount of treat!
No need to wait for a special occasion to make cookies, a Giant M&M Cookie is a good idea any day of the year!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 heaping tablespoon M&M's
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the butter, peanut butter and sugars together until creamed. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup M&Ms until combined. With your hands, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Shape dough into a big cookie, about 6 inches wide. Press the M&M's into the top of the cookie.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. DO NOT OVER BAKE! The center may appear undone, but it will set as the cookie cools. Let cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 4 pie shaped pieces, if desired.
- Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction