Holiday OREO Cookie Pops & Hot Chocolate Bar Party Plan
Today I’m sharing another fabulous recipe from the test kitchens over at Nabisco. Not only do they have tasty cookies and crackers, but they have some fantastic recipes too.
Holiday OREO Cookie Pops are a chocolate lovers dream and also super simple to make. Just 3 ingredients! They are the perfect addition to a holiday party. Serve Holiday OREO Cookie Pops along with your favorite Nabisco cookies. And to make it even more festive, you could have a fun Hot Chocolate Bar to impress your guests.
I will be sharing the Holiday OREO Cookie Pops recipe with step-by-step instructions in just a second. But first, let’s talk holiday party planning. Are you planning a holiday party soon? It’s getting chilly outside, so why not throw a holiday party with a cozy Hot Chocolate Bar! I’ve got a few tips for you that will help you plan it.
Tips for planning a Holiday Party with a Hot Chocolate Bar from I Love Cookies:
– Start with a festive table cloth. You can’t go wrong with red or green.
– Create “snow” by adding white polyester quilt batting. Cut into an oval shape or tuck it in at the corners so you will have soft edges.
– Add a miniature Christmas tree with lights and any other decorations you like.
– Use a blackboard with chalk to display your party menu, just like a restaurant.
– It’s a nice touch to have real mugs instead of styrofoam. I found these at a dollar store.
– You’ll need a coffee server to keep the hot chocolate hot or you could also use a crockpot. If using a crockpot, you will need a ladle near by to serve the hot chocolate.
– Use canning jars for spoons and all of your toppings, such as chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, candy canes, toffee bits, caramels, etc.
– The marshmallows look cute in a clear glass or plastic candy jar. Plus, you can add chalkboard labels on all your topping containers.
– Holiday themed platters are great for serving a selection of cookies as well as your Holiday OREO Cookie Pops.
– Just add family and friends. You’ve got yourself a hoilday party.
Now for the step-by-step instructions on how to make the Holiday OREO Cookie Pops. Start with OREO cookies. You’ll need 12.
I got mine at Publix where you can save on NABISCO products.
Use a wooden pop stick to insert into the filling center of each cookie. Don’t worry, it’s really easy. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Place 8 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate into a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir until completely smooth.
Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate. I used a spoon to gently cover each cookie with the chocolate.
Add sprinkles and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet to set. Once they’re all dipped and decorated, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
And you’re done! Aren’t they just adorable! These Holiday OREO Cookie Pops are not hard to make and they come together so quickly.
Your guests are going to love them! And they look so pretty on a Christmas plate. This is definitely my new go-to holiday party recipe!
Nabisco has so many yummy cookies to choose from. And they all go great with hot chocolate!
Why not have a Hot Chocolate Bar with an assortment of cookies and Holiday OREO Cookie Pops at your next party!
Visit the NABISCO Party Planner , where you can find more themed holiday recipes from NABISCO as well as coupons savings at Publix.
- 12 OREO Cookies
- 8 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Suggested decorations (holiday sprinkles; nonpareils; colored sugar; melted read and green candy coating wafers; decorating icing or gel)
- Insert wooden pop stick into filling in center of each cookie; place on parchment-covered baking sheet. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Mix melted chocolate and oil in small bowl until blended. Dip cookies, one at a time, in chocolate mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each cookie. Return to baking sheet. Decorate as desired.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate coating is firm.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Substitute - Prepare using white baking chocolate.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 170 calories, 9g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholestrol, 55mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 16g sugars, 1g protein.